WELCOME!

Welcome to our class blog! There will be lots of informations about upcoming events, assignments, special events and more. If you have any questions, I can be contacted at sandra.earl@ed.amdsb.ca

Look here for the weekend math challenge as well!

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Reading Response Journals

Reading Response Journal (RRJ) Guidelines

Your RRJ will be used to write about what you are reading. You may make predictions and connections about what you read. You can write your thoughts about characters, the author’s writing style, your favourite events and your suggestions. Use the pages in the front of your journal for ideas. Your teacher wants to know it all!

Each entry will start the same way. Please write these three things each time. Your journal entry should be about 5 sentences long.

You must hand in one journal entry each week (or once every 5 school days).

Date:
Title of book:
My thoughts:

Here's an example:

Date: October 15th
Title: Tales of the Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume
My thoughts: I am really enjoying reading this funny chapter book. Fudge gets into so much trouble and Peter is so frustrated with him! I can totally relate to Peter because I have a younger sister who gets into all of my things. She doesn't stay out of my room and has broken some of my toys. She didn't get into much trouble, so I know how Peter feels.

I think in the next chapter, Fudge will break something valuable and Peter will be blamed for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment